United Kingdom

Welcome to my musings , I'm back and blogging.

12.09.2020




It's like my blog was reciting the famous words from Take That, 'Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good' in the back of my head, niggling away and making me feel bad for leaving it behind.  

If this year has taught me anything, it's that for me, having a creative outlet is an essential. I really do feel guilty if I don't have one. I think I get that from my parents, one an enthusiastic crafter and now candle maker, one a frequent voice on my local radio and now podcast host, both with demanding day jobs. 

There's always something more I have to be doing to for my own self-development. Perhaps it's the Virgo in me, I am very self critical. I guess that's normal for your mid-twenties? (Ok I'm 27) With a little extra time to think, disposable income and even more curiosity for who you really are, and what you want your character to be made up of. 

From the age of five or six, I've always had a diary, which turned into an online blog early on, a craft on the go, or a new random hobby (like that time I did Roller Derby). Yet when I launched into the world of PR...specifically fashion and beauty PR a few years back, I had combined my hobby and day job all-in-one. The long hours, manic events and round the clock absorption in the world of social media, meant that I didn't really have the time or energy to pursue other things, or even think outside of that bubble. 

Me in 2020

A few months back I took the plunge into the corporate PR world, oh and into a global pandemic. It hasn't been an easy transition, my lifestyle completely flipped on it's head. Just like it has for most. 

I went from never without a spare pair of heels, a guest list or cocktail in hand, to never without a cup of tea, candle lit or a foot away from a pair of fur-lined slippers. 

SO what am I saying? I'm back and blogging baby. 

Inspired by a few of my favourites, Chloe Plumstead, Sade, and Anna, I don't feel the need to be bound my product reviews or Insta baddie images, it's just not my vibe. I'm here to have a creative outlet to write, muse and memo...

..or whatever. 

 


Post a Comment